Tuesday Jul 9, 2019
Club President 2019-2020 Burley Rotary Club
Club Planning Meeting for Backpack Project & 100th Birthday
Introduced by: Adam Hansen
Backpack/School Supply Project
- We plan on spending around $5,500 on this project and will provide 100 fully stocked backpacks and/or school supplies to all the elementary schools in Cassia County.
- We will be receiving a grant from our District to assist in this project to the tune of about $1,200.
- We have received generous donations so far from the following businesses:
- Lyden Crane L.T. Gringotts P.C
- Clay & Christine Handy Wholesale Products
- Evans, Poulsen & Catmull P.A.
- Paul N. J. Ross Law PLLC
- D.L. Evans bank
- Edward Jones Tim and Lori Henrickson
- Kim Hansen Chevrolet
- PLUS SEVERAL COMMITMENTS OR POSSIBLE DONATION FROM OTHER BUSINESSES AND IN-KIND DONATIONS
- Attached is a donation letter explaining our project and our objective for this year. Thanks Jason for putting that together!
- Backpacks will be provided in the following amounts:
- Almo – 2 (or $110 worth of supplies)
- Albion – 6 (or $330 worth of supplies)
- Burley – 4 schools x 14 packs each (or $770 worth of supplies each)
- White Pine
- Mtn. View
- John V Evans
- Declo – 14 (or $770 worth of supplies)
- Oakley – 10 (or $550 worth of supplies)
- Raft River – 10 (or $550 worth of supplies)
- Assignments were made to contact school principals to determine school needs. Task to be completed by next Tuesdays meeting if possible.
- What grades will need the backpacks…or in place of backpacks what school supplies are needed?
- Supply list for each backpack based on the grade?
- *** NOTE: Be sure to explain that this project is separate from the “Julies Kids” event planned for later this year. Most of the Principles were involved with this project last year so they should have a good feel for what they need.
- Contact assignments:
- Adam Hansen – John Evans, Mtn. View
- Tina Hanssen – Dworshak
- Chimene – White Pine
- Steffany Wells – Raft River, Albion, Almo
- Ben Nelsen – Oakley
- This is the final week to secure any donations / sponsors. Donations can also be made on our website: http://www.burleyrotary.org/donate-now. Please enter “backpack project – sponsor name” into the note field if paying online.
- After we receive our assessments, we will divide up the purchasing of supplies and plan for a day to assemble the backpacks and deliver them in early August.
Thanks again for everybody’s help and assistance. This is a great cause and epitomizes the “Service Above Self” principle that we follow as Rotarians!
Please Log in to make an announcement